Subject: [IGSMAIL-0682] JPL GPS sites advisory
From: Steve DiNardo
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 8:48:45 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jul 19  8:48:45 PDT 1994      Message Number 0682
******************************************************************************

Author: Steve DiNardo
Subject: JPL GPS sites advisory

Subject : JPL GPS sites advisory		07/18/94

Existing Sites:

Carr: New receiver firmware was installed on July 10, 1994 to support 3.0
      beta testing

Gode: RF configuration change. Gode's Turbo rogue SNR values have been
      low due to a RF splitter with high loss / low isolation. On 7/18/94
      the RF splitter was removed.

Mcmu: Frequency standard switched from rubidium to internal. 
      ( Mcmu  reference was swapped on  July 18, 1994 to support site
      troubleshooting . Please see IGS message # 678 )

NLib: The defective RF helix cable has been replaced  as of 7/11/94
      The site is now operational

Quin: The GPS antenna is back on top of monument 7221 and the site is 
      operational.
      The antenna was removed on 7/12/94 at 14:00 ut and replaced on 
      7/16/94 at 00 ut. Please see IGS message # 679

New Sites:

Nasa/JPL has installed two new sites to support NASA's commitment to the  
Southern California GPS Array project. NASA's plans to install 13 more 
sites in the near future.

1) Oatt mountain ( Oatt )
   North of San Fernando Valley, near the Los Angeles/ Ventura county line
   Installed 7/11/94

2) Mt. Wilson ( Wlsn )
   At the Mt. Wilson Observatory
   Installed 7/14/94

The following station logs have been updated and mailed to the IGSCB:

Carr, Oatt, Mcmu and Wlsn

=========================================================================
Steve J. DiNardo                                  Tel:  ( 818 ) 354-3429
GPS Networks & Operations Group			  Fax:  ( 818 ) 393-4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory                  Email: [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, Ca. 91109
MS 238-700
=========================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]