Subject: [IGSMAIL-0647] Perth data
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 11:12:35 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jun 22 11:12:35 PDT 1994      Message Number 0647
******************************************************************************

Author: Joachim Feltens
Subject: Perth data

Subject: Perth data

Last Friday evening we had a receiver breakdown at our ground station in Perth.
The disaster was discovered last Monday morning. Since the connection to Kourou
was also down over the last weekend, our work on Monday concentrated to re-
establish Kourou first and to retrieve the weekend data from Kourou manually
and to provide it to CDDIS. The re-establishment of Kourou was finished on
monday evening, and Kourou works fine again since Monday.
     To Perth no connection could be established on Monday. Yesterday Perth
ground station could be reached. Several attempts to re-start the TurboRogue
failed. Today the TurboRogue has been re-started by station personnel in Perth,
and it seems that it works properly now. However, when the station personnel
entered into the TurboRogue it had to see, that the receiver had lost the data
of days 168, 169, 170 and 172. The data of day 171 could be recovered yesterday
manually and has been provided to CDDIS.
     That's about the status at Perth. We hope, that after this re-start the
TurboRogue works now without further problems.

           Best regards          Joachim

[Mailed From: Joachim Feltens <[email-masked]>]