Subject: [IGSMAIL-0630] Change at NRCan Public Archives
From: Robert Duval GSD/NRCan
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 8:53:12 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Jun 14  8:53:12 PDT 1994      Message Number 0630
******************************************************************************

Author: Robert Duval    GSD/NRCan
Subject: Change at NRCan Public Archives

Please note the following change to GSD/NRCan (formerly EMR) public archive
directory structure accessible via INTERNET anonymous ftp:

Under the "pub/gps/rogue" and "pub/gps/rinex" directories, the "station"
sub-directories (e.g. algonquin, yellowknife, etc.) are replaced by "day of
year" sub-directories (e.g. day_153, day_154, etc.) under which data for all
stations will be available. This new directory structure is available NOW. Both
structures will be maintained until the end of June to allow users to update
their automated data retrieval scripts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      New GSD/NRCan Public Archive Directory Structure 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pub -|- gps -|- products -|= emrWWWWD.eph     Orbits produced by NRCan (formerly
     |       |            |                   EMR) for GPS week 'WWWW' and 
     |       |            |                   day 'D' in SP3 format 
             |            |
             |            |= emrWWWW7.erp     Earth Rotation Parameter file
             |            |                   produced by NRCan (formerly EMR)
             |            |                   for GPS week 'WWWW'
             |            |
             |            |= emrWWWW7.sum     Data Analysis Summary file
             |                                for GPS week 'WWWW'
             |              
             |              
             |- rinex -|- day_DDD -|= ssssDDD0.YYo.Z  Compressed RINEX obs files
             |         |           |                  for station 'ssss',
             |         |           |                  day 'DDD', year 'YY'
             |         |           |
             |         |           |= ssssDDD0.YYn.Z  Compressed RINEX nav files
             |         |           |                  for station 'ssss', 
             |         |           |                  day 'DDD', year 'YY'
             |         |           |
             |         |           |= ssssDDD0.YYm    Meteorological obs files
             |         |                              for station 'ssss', 
             |         |                              day 'DDD', year 'YY'
             |         |- day_DDD                        
             |                       
             |                     
             |                         
             |- rogue -|- day_DDD -|= ssssDDDB.YYc  Raw obs files in Rogue 
             |         |           |                Conan binary format for   
             |         |           |                station 'ssss', day 'DDD',  
             |         |                            block 'B' (1-6), year 'YY'
             |         |- day_DDD  
             |
             | 
             |-sat_clocks-|= YYmmmDD.clk.Z    Post-processed Precise Satellite
             |            |                   clock offsets at 30 sec. for  
             |            |                   year 'YY', month 'mmm', day 'DD'
             |            |
             |            |= YYmmmDD.sum      Summary from Precise Satellite
             |                                clock offsets processing for  
             |                                year 'YY', month 'mmm', day 'DD'
             |             
             |-  tracks --|= ssssDDD1.YYt     Output of validation software
                          |                   GIMP for station 'ssss'(includes
                          |                   global sites used by NRCan), 
                                              day 'DDD', year 'YY'

-- 
Robert Duval

Geodetic Survey Division               Tel:    (613) 947-2786
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)       Fax:    (613) 995-3215
615 Booth Street                       E-mail: [email-masked]
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0E9

*****************************************************************************

[Mailed From: Robert Duval <[email-masked]>]