Subject: [IGSMAIL-0624] TurboRogues and PRN 13
From: Courtney Duncan, TurboRogue Team
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 17:06:00 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jun  3 17:06:00 PDT 1994      Message Number 0624
******************************************************************************

Author: Courtney Duncan, TurboRogue Team
Subject: TurboRogues and PRN 13

The "use or ignore" databit interpretation is only for use by the position
fixing process which will use or not use the data accordingly.  This has no
effect on tracking attempts.

Rogue always tries to track everything it knows about.  Quite often, satellites
are set unhealthy that are sending perfectly good data.  We take that data when
we can.  This is a "bug" in that policy, conceived long before there were ever 8
satellites simultaneously visible anywhere, anytime.

You can also type "disable 13" or "dis 13" from the terminal.  This is immediate
and doesn't require breaking lock on the other satellites like messing with
sessions does.

It is unclear why the airforce continues sending almanacs for a satellite that
hasn't transmitted for months.

Regards, Courtney