Subject: [IGSMAIL-0623] More GODE status
From: Tom Clark
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 13:03:20 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jun  3 13:03:20 PDT 1994      Message Number 0623
******************************************************************************

Author: Tom Clark
Subject: More GODE status

Again today from about 16:30 to 18:30 UTC I took GODE offline to finish work
on the multi-port power splitter. When the data resumed at about 18:30 the
system was running on the new 8-way high isolation splitter. The splitter
was installed because we are planning on additional multiple receiver tests
to characterize the performance of different brands of receivers now that
SA is on fulltime.

At GODE we currently have two TurboRogues and one 4000SSE running from the
same antenna. There seems to be no interaction between the receivers with
the high isolation we have built into the splitter. The recovered L1 and L2
signal levels on the two receivers are identical. The 4000SSE has similar
L1 sensitivity to the TurboRogues, but it seems a bit poorer at L2 in the
cross-correlation mode.

Also, yesterday I made note that the TurboRogues were spending time trying
to track the bogus PRN13 satellite. Herb Dragert asked why I didn't just do
DIS 13 from the computer. The answer is that the normal IGS TurboRogue is
connected to a modem and is tended by JPL, so there is no computer connected
to it! But today I noted that PRN13 had been DISabled so I guess that Ulf
and the folks at JPL took note of my comment and fixed the problem. The reason
for my comment of yesterday is still valid: regardless of how it is done, all
receivers SHOULD have PRN13 disabled since the satellite is not functioning,
even though DoD is still sending Almanac data.

Regards, Tom Clark