Subject: [IGSMAIL-0620] GODE Interruption plus PRN13 comments
From: Tom Clark
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 15:08:19 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jun  2 15:08:19 PDT 1994      Message Number 0620
******************************************************************************

Author: Tom Clark
Subject: GODE Interruption plus PRN13 comments

The GODE receiver at NASA Goddard was off-line from about 15:20 to 18:30 UTC
today (June 2). I was testing a new multiple receiver power splitter for some
upcoming receiver intercomparison tests.

I also observed that the TurboRogue was wasting a channel attempting to track
PRN13. PRN13 is one of the last Block-I satellites which has been sending an
unhealthy status for the past couple of months. The "Don't use unhealthy"
software switch was set, but the receiver refused to ignore the bogus
satellite. After much consternation I found that the only way to configure
the TurboRogue to ignore a satellite is to declare a session starting ASAP
and running forever, and then edit the session screen to ignore unhealthy
satellites if you are running without a computer connected. I would advise
all receiver operators to force their receiver to ignore PRN13 so that the
receiver can free the channel to track a "real" satellite.

Regards, Tom Clark