Subject: [IGSMAIL-6124]: Scheduled CDDIS Downtime
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMail IGSMail <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, IVSMail IVSMail <[email-masked]>, DORISMail DORISMail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:37:55 -0400

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      01 Apr 14:37:58 PDT 2010      Message Number 6124
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS

The CDDIS computer will be moved to a new location next Tuesday
April 6, 2010. This move will require that the system be shut 
down from 04:00-~07:00 p.m. EDT (20:00-~23:00 UTC).

A second outage is planned for ~May 15, 2010 when the CDDIS
archive will be moved to a new server. At that time, our
computer systems will be down for approximately one day.
Following the move to the new system, access to CDDIS for
ftp retrieval operations will remain the same. However, data
suppliers will utilize a new server for upload operations.
We will communicate the new procedures to these groups in
the next few weeks. We will also provide updates to this
May outage schedule in the next few weeks.

We apologize for the inconveniences these outages will 
cause the user community but we believe that the new system
will provide an improvement in user access and reliability.

Regards,
Carey.
-----
Ms. Carey Noll
Manager, Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS)
Secretary, ILRS Central Bureau
NASA GSFC
Code 690.1
Greenbelt, MD 20771
USA

E-mail:  [email-masked]
Voice: (301) 614-6542
Fax: (301) 614-6015
WWW:  http://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov