Subject: [IGSMAIL-0610] GODE sensitivity improvement
From: Tom Clark
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 15:14:56 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri May 20 15:14:56 PDT 1994      Message Number 0610
******************************************************************************

Author: Tom Clark
Subject: GODE sensitivity improvement

Subject: GODE sensitivity improvement

On 20 May from about 13:00 to 16:30 UTC, the GODE data should be regarded as
unreliable. We have been conducting a number of receiver comparison tests
which has the signal split several ways. Today I was working on the splitter
configuration trying to minimize cross-coupled RFI between the different
receivers. As a result of the changes I made, the basic sensitivity seems
to have improved noticeably. Both TurboRogues and a 4000SSE were able to
track one satellite all the way down to 2 degrees elevation all three
receivers were routinely locking solid on satellites at 7-8 degrees
elevation. After the splitter changes, no receiver seemed to be de-
sensitizing any other receiver at the site.

I would appreciate feedback from people looking at the GODE data to let
me know if you see any changes.

Tom Clark