Subject: [IGSMAIL-6010]: Preliminary call for special issue 'CONT08' in Journal of Geodesy
From: "Behrend, Dirk (GSFC-698.0)[NVI INC]" <[email-masked]>
To: IGSmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:19:41 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      08 Oct 08:20:09 PDT 2009      Message Number 6010
******************************************************************************

Author: Axel Nothnagel, Urs Hugentobler, David Salstein

Dear Colleagues,

Between August 12 and August 26, 2008 the International VLBI Service
for Geodesy and Astrometry has observed the so-called CONT08 campaign
of 15 days of uninterrupted VLBI observations for Earth orientation
studies. The other space-geodetic services as well as science partners
in other geodynamical disciplines had been asked to consider dedicated
observing sessions at the same time period.

About a year later, the data should all be analyzed and the idea was
developed to bring together all publications related to the CONT08
period in a joint Special Issue of Journal of Geodesy. With this call
we solicit the submission of titles (and authors) of possible
contributions in order to have a rough indication whether a sufficient
number of papers can be expected. The scope of the papers may cover
all types of measurements carried out during the CONT08 period for
Earth orientation studies and related disciplines as well as aspects
of modeling of the acquired data and interpretation of the obtained
results.

If you plan to submit a paper to a Special Issue on CONT08, please
send your title (with authors) to one of us until December 15, 2009.
If at least seven positive responses are received by that date, a
full call will be issued aiming at a submission date for the full
manuscripts of March 31, 2010.

Yours sincerely

Axel Nothnagel ([email-masked])
Urs Hugentobler ([email-masked])
David Salstein ([email-masked])
Guest Editors to Journal of Geodesy