Subject: [IGSMAIL-5916]: Earth Oriented Space Techniques Session at Hotine-Marussi Symposium
From: Richard Gross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Gross <[email-masked]>, Florian Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:07:13 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      13 Mar 10:34:17 PDT 2009      Message Number 5916
******************************************************************************

Author: Florian Seitz and Richard Gross
Subject: Earth Oriented Space Techniques Session at Hotine-Marussi  
Symposium

Dear Colleagues,

The VII Hotine-Marussi Symposium is taking place in Rome, Italy, from
6-10 July 2009.

The convenors of Session 3 solicit contributions to the topic
'Earth Oriented Space Techniques and their Benefit for Earth System  
Studies'

Thematically the session will cover the following fields:

- development of multi-sensor/multi-scale approaches for the assessment
of individual geophysical processes in the Earth system

- inversion strategies for the common integration of geometrical and
gravimetrical space observations (e.g. VLBI, SLR, DORIS, GNSS, Altimetry
and gravity field missions) into Earth system models/models of
geopysical fluids

- strategies for the separation of integral observations of Earth
rotation, gravity field, and surface geometry into contributions from
individual components of the Earth system using heterogeneous data types
from multi-sensor approaches.

- theoretical and numerical studies on relations and interactions of
Earth rotation, gravity field, and surface geometry

- theoretical aspects of Earth rotation in general

Abstracts for oral and poster presentations can be submitted until March
30, 2009 via the conference website at
http://w3.uniroma1.it/Hotine-Marussi_Symposium_2009/homepage.asp

We are looking forward to receiving your contributions.

Best regards,
Florian Seitz and Richard Gross