Subject: [IGSMAIL-5892]: Postdoctoral Research Position Available at JPL
From: Richard Gross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:46:09 -0800

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      06 Feb 15:46:24 PST 2009      Message Number 5892
******************************************************************************

Author: Richard Gross

Subject: Postdoctoral Research Position Available at JPL

The California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Postdoctoral
Scholars Program at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) invites
applications for a postdoctoral research position in JPLs
Geodynamics and Space Geodesy Group.

The research will involve developing techniques to improve the
terrestrial reference frame including frames determined solely from
GPS observations as well as those determined from a combination of
GPS, SLR, VLBI, and DORIS observations. Dr. Richard Gross, Supervisor
in JPLs Tracking Systems and Applications Section, will serve as JPL
postdoctoral advisor to the selected candidate. The appointee will be
guided by the JPL advisor to ensure that the research work will
result in publications in the open literature.

Candidates should have a recent Ph.D. in Geodesy, Geophysics, or a
related field with a strong background in GPS data processing.
Experience in reference frame determination is highly desirable. The
appointment is contingent upon evidence of completion of a Ph.D. The
annual starting salary for a recent Ph.D. is US$52,000 and can vary
somewhat according to the applicants qualifications. Postdoctoral
scholars positions are awarded for a one-year period. Appointments
may be renewed in one-year increments for a maximum addition of two
years.

Please send a letter describing your research interests, a curriculum
vitae, and a list of three references (with telephone numbers and
postal and e-mail addresses) to:

Dr. Richard Gross
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Mail Stop 238-600
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109-8099, USA
Tel: +1-818-354-4010
E-mail: [email-masked]

Caltech and JPL are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons are encouraged to