Subject: [IGSMAIL-0587] New rogue version ( 7.8)
From: Steve DiNardo
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 11:56:42 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu May  5 11:56:42 PDT 1994      Message Number 0587
******************************************************************************

Author: Steve DiNardo
Subject: New rogue version ( 7.8)

Subject: To all Rogue SNR-8X Receiver sites.

The new version (V7.8) of the Rogue software is finally ready for release.
This version corrects the error caused by misreading the encryption bit
in the navigation message - this is the bug that has caused the Rogue
receivers to lose data over the last 3-4 months. Other minor bugs have
also been corrected.
Note that this firmware error does not affect TurboRogues (SNR-8XXX)
running the current version:  2.8 link 06/08/93.

We intend to provide the firmware (a set of Proms) to all big Rogue
receivers in the GPS Global Tracking Network (SNR-8 and SNR-800). For
stations still operating MiniRogues (SNR-8C), please contact AOA for
the software upgrade.

Since several of the big Rogues have recently been upgraded to TurboRogues
or other receiver types, we need to know who still has a need for the new
software version.
Please send me an Email message with the following information:

Your Name:

Yuor Phone Number:

Site Name:

Shipping address:
( Sorry, I can not mail the proms to your site or to Post Office boxes)

Best way to ship:
( Federal Express, UPS, Freight Forwarder, or other )

Number of Prom sets required:

Any other pertinent Information:

Steve DiNardo

************************************************************************
Steve J. DiNardo                                  Tel:  ( 818 ) 354-3429
GPS Networks & Operations Group                    Fax: ( 818 ) 393-4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory                  Email: [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, Ca. 91109
MS 238-700
*************************************************************************