Subject: [IGSMAIL-5816]: AGU08 Fall Meeting Session G10: The Future of Global Navigation Satellite Systems and their Impact on Geodetic, Geophysical and Environmental Applications
From: "Robert Weber" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Robert WEBER'" <[email-masked]>, "Hothem Larry" <[email-masked]>, "Richard Langley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:47:24 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 Aug 03:47:41 PDT 2008      Message Number 5816
******************************************************************************

Author: Robert Weber, Larry Hothem, Richard Langley

 

Dear Colleagues

We would like to invite you to consider submitting an abstract to Session
G10 at the Fall AGU in San Francisco,

15-19 December, 2008.

==================================================================

2008 Fall AGU Session Call for Papers:

"G10: The Future of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and 

Their Impact on Geodetic, Geophysical and Environmental Applications"

===================================================================

Session G10 Description:

=======================

The availability of modernized GPS and a revitalized GLONASS system offers a
steadily increasing number of opportunities and challenges in the field of
geosciences. Very soon the upcoming Galileo system will contribute with
additional open signals.

This session will address these opportunities starting from the GNSS systems
status and performance point of view up to the level of future applications,
such as atmosphere monitoring, altimetry from reflected signals, and GNSS
time transfer. We further invite presentations dealing with innovative
geodetic GNSS-positioning techniques such as high precision real-time
kinematic (RTK) positioning, precise point positioning (PPP), and
triple/multi-carrier ambiguity resolution (TCAR, MCAR). 

We also invite presentations on approaches that will, in the future, realize
close to real-time delivery of geoscience results due, in part, to new GNSS
data processing techniques. In addition, we encourage presentations on the
contributions of international services (including, but not limited to, the
International GNSS Service), organizations, and programs, which support the
geosciences with GNSS data and derived products.

Further details may be found at

http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/index.php/Program/SessionSearch/?show=detai
l
<http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/index.php/Program/SessionSearch/?show=deta
il&sessid=397> &sessid=397 

 

ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS

Abstract Deadline.   All abstracts must be submitted electronically to AGU

by 10 September 2008, 2359 UT (Universal Time).  There are no exceptions to
this deadline.  Local times for various cities and time zones are posted on
the AGU Web site.