Subject: [IGSMAIL-5811]: Vacancy at Newcastle University
From: Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:42:34 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      08 Aug 07:42:48 PDT 2008      Message Number 5811
******************************************************************************

Author: Peter Clarke
Subject: Geodetic research vacancy at Newcastle University

[with apologies for cross-posting to related lists]

NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY

SCHOOL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND GEOSCIENCES

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN GEODESY

Dear Colleagues

Applications are invited from candidates holding a PhD (or expecting the
imminent award of one) in geodesy, geophysics, or a closely related
field, for the following post.  Please draw it to the attention of
potential interested parties.

Post D390R
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate in Geodesy
Salary: B#25,888 - B#38,019

Based in the School of Civil Engineering & Geosciences, you will join
the Newcastle Geodesy team and carry out research related to the tidal
deformation and loading of the solid Earth.  You will be working with
GPS measurements alongside input from tidal models, with collaborators
from a variety of European and US institutions.  The main research
projects that you will work on are funded by the UK Natural
Environmental Research Council (NERC).  Where appropriate, you will
publish your results in leading international journals.  You will also
have the opportunity to participate in the development of new projects,
the acquisition of new funding streams, and be encouraged to (continue
to) develop a personal research portfolio.  You should hold a PhD (or be
expecting the imminent award of one) in geodesy or geophysics.

This position is available immediately, for three years in the first
instance but with the expectation of continuation as a strategic member
of the geodesy research group, depending on funding and performance.

Informal enquiries about the post (no applications please) may be
directed to Professor Peter Clarke <[email-masked]> or telephone
+44 (0)191 2226351.

Applications for the initial shortlist should be received by 15th
September, and interviews are likely to be held between 1st-3rd October.

For further details of this post including how to apply, see
   http://www15.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_newcastle02.asp?newms=jj&id=25575
or
   http://www.ceg.ncl.ac.uk/