Subject: [IGSMAIL-5809]: AGU session on Ionospheric Effects on GNSS Positioning and Navigation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:13:34 -0300 (BRT)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      07 Aug 12:19:04 PDT 2008      Message Number 5809
******************************************************************************

Author: Joco F Galera Monico, Marcio Aquino, Eurico de Paula

==================================================================
2008 Fall AGU Session Call for Papers:
"G15:Ionospheric Effects on GNSS Positioning and Navigation"
===================================================================

We would like to invite Geodesy and Atmosphere colleagues working on
ionospheric effects on GNSS positioning and navigation to consider
submitting an abstract to Session G15 at the Fall AGU in San Francisco,
15-19 December, 2008.

Session G15 Description:
 =======================

This Session will focus on ionospheric effects on GNSS signals, as well as
on current techniques to model, monitor, forecast and mitigate such
effects, and in particular their importance and impact for end users, from
safety critical to carrier phase based high accuracy applications such as
RTK networks. We expect contributions relating to TEC monitoring and
imaging techniques to describe the upper atmosphere plasma, as well as
work in the area of mitigation of ionospheric perturbation phenomena such
as Ionospheric scintillation, traveling ionospheric disturbances, steep
TEC gradients, rapid TEC variations and TEC depletions. Studies on
synergies between space weather and these ionospheric perturbations are
also of relevance for this session. Existing or new models, services and
receiver tracking technology to aid users in the face of the forthcoming
solar maximum are of special interest. Contributions relating to user
experience in this field are also encouraged. Presentations on studies
related to high order ionosphere errors affecting high accuracy and
real-time GNSS techniques, as well as their effects on reference frame for
applications in geodetic positioning and navigation are also welcome.

Further details may be found at
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=494

ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract Deadline.   All abstracts must be submitted electronically to AGU
by 10 September 2008, 2359 UT (Universal Time).  There are no exceptions
to this deadline.  Local times for various cities and time zones are
posted on the AGU Web site.