Subject: [IGSMAIL-5804]: 16th International Workshop on Laser Ranging: The Role of SLR in GGOS Session
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: IGSMail <[email-masked]>, DORISMail DORISMail <[email-masked]>, IVSMail <[email-masked]>
Cc: Erricos Pavlis <[email-masked]>, Bernd Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:01:41 -0400

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      30 Jul 07:02:31 PDT 2008      Message Number 5804
******************************************************************************

Author: Erricos C. Pavlis

Dear Colleagues,

Session 3 of the 16th International Workshop on Laser Ranging that will
be held in PoznaE, Poland during 13-17 October 2008 is entitled:

  "The role of Satellite Laser Ranging in the Global Geodetic
Observing System"

The session is intended to highlight the central role that SLR plays
within GGOS. On behalf of the Program Committee I would like to draw
your attention to this session and ecourage you to participate in it.
We are organizing a session that will demonstrate through invited and
contributed presentations the significant contributions of SLR in
support of GGOS' goals. We solicit contributions that will cover all
areas of GGOS activities where laser technology is used for the
collection of measurements, remote sensing, navigation, calibration,
e.g. SLR and LLR for POD and geophysical parameter estimation; laser
altimetry over land, oceans and ice; calibration of navigation
constellations' radiometric POD; interplanetary navigation and POD,
and many more. We hope that you will be able to join us in PoznaE for
this exciting workshop.  Detailed information about the workshop can
be obtained from its web site at http://www.astro.amu.edu.pl/
ILRS_Workshop_2008.

The deadline for submitting abstracts is September 10, 2008.

We hope to see you all in PoznaE!

the session organizers,

Erricos C. Pavlis, JCET/UMBC and NASA GSFC, USA
Bernd Richter, BKG, Germany
-----
Ms. Carey Noll
Manager, Crustal Dynamics Data Information System (CDDIS)
Secretary, ILRS Central Bureau
NASA GSFC
Code 690
Greenbelt, MD 20771
USA

E-mail:  [email-masked]
Voice: (301) 614-6542
Fax: (301) 614-6015
WWW:  http://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov