Subject: [IGSMAIL-5693]: Vacancy at Newcastle University
From: Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:46:43 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      28 Jan 02:46:55 PST 2008      Message Number 5693
******************************************************************************

Author: Peter Clarke
Subject:  Geodetic research vacancy at Newcastle University

[with apologies for cross-posting to related lists]

NEWCASTLE UNIVERSITY

SCHOOL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND GEOSCIENCES

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN GEODESY

Dear Colleagues

Applications are invited from candidates holding a PhD (or expecting the
imminent award of one) in geodesy, geophysics, or a closely related
field, for the following post.  Please draw it to the attention of
potential interested parties.

Post D2461R - Research Associate in Geodesy

You will form a central part of a new UK Natural Environmental Research
Council (NERC) project led by Peter Clarke and David Lavallee, involving
collaborators at the University of Nevada Reno, The University of
Luxembourg and Delft University of Technology. You will join the
Newcastle Geodesy team and carry out research related to determining
large scale movement of water mass by measuring deformation of the Earth
and the Earthbs gravity. The aim of the project is to develop an
integrated observation model using gravity measurements from GRACE and
SLR, and measurements of the Earthbs shape from GPS. In addition, the
results will improve the realisation of the Terrestrial Reference Frame
used throughout the Earth Sciences and in particular for altimetric and
tide gauge estimates of sea level rise.

This position is available with immediate effect, for three years in the
first instance.  Salary will be at an appropriate point on the scale GBP
23,002 - GBP 32,796 per annum, according to qualifications and
experience.

Applications for the initial shortlist should be received by 29
February, and interviews are likely to be during the week commencing 17
March. The post will remain open until filled.

For further details of this post including how to apply, see
   http://www.ceg.ncl.ac.uk/
or
   http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/vacancy.phtml?ref=D2461R

Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Prof Peter Clarke, e-mail [email-masked] or telephone +44
(0)191 222 6351