Subject: [IGSMAIL-5686]: Geodetic Techniques (GNSS, VLBI, SLR,,) and Its Applications on Atmosphere/Geodynamics session in AOGS 2008
From: Sungki Cho <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:06:42 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      15 Jan 23:07:26 PST 2008      Message Number 5686
******************************************************************************

Author: James Park

Dear Colleagues, 

As you may be aware, Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS) is the one
of the biggest society on Geosciences and has the mission to promote the
Geophysical sciences for the benefit of humanity in Asia and Oceania. 

AOGS hold the 4th annual meeting in Bangkok, 31 July to 4 August, 2007.
At this meeting 11 papers were presented in "GPS/VLBI/SLR Network and
Geosciences Applications" session. 
The 5th annual meeting of AOGS will hold in Busan, South Korea on 16-20
June, 2008 (http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2008/index.asp). 
The session for Space Geodesy was accepted like as "Geodetic Techniques
(GNSS, VLBI, SLR,,) and Its Applications on
Atmosphere/Geodynamics" (Session number : SE87) 

I wish you, or your colleagues, could come to this conference and
present papers related to Space Geodesy on SE87 session as below. 
The deadline of submitting abstract is 24 January, 2008. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

SE87: Geodetic Techniques (GNSS, VLBI, SLR,,) and Its Applications on
Atmosphere/Geodynamics 

 The current Space/Ground Geodetic techniques (e.g. GNSS (both ground
and LEO based), VLBI, SLRb&) with an unprecedented accuracy enable to
characterize a broad range of Earth sciences, especially increasingly
GPS/SLR/VLBI networks in Asia-Oceania areas cooperating with IGS, ILRS,
IVS and GGOS as well as the CHAMP/GRACE and the recently launched
Formosat-3/COSMIC mission. Each or combination of geodetic techniques
provide valuable insights for Atmosphere (troposphere and ionosphere)
and Geodynamics, such as Space-borne GNSS Radio Occultation and Ground-
based GNSS meteorology, crustal deformation, Earth Rotation and Polar
Motion, Precise Orbit Determination, Positioning and Navigation (RTK,
PPPb&), land subsidence, natural hazard monitoring as well as deep-space
exploration. 
This session welcomes all Space Geodetic techniques issues/developments
and their integration applications in Atmosphere/Geodynamics.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Best regards, 

James 

******************************************************** 
Dr. Prof. Jong Uk (James) Park 
Principal Research Staff / Director 
Space Geodesy Division 
Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute 61-1, Whaam-Dong, Yuseong-
Gu, 
Daejeon, Republic of Korea, 305-348 
Tel : +82-42-865-3233 Fax : +82-42-861-5610 
E-mail : [email-masked] 
URL : http://www.gnss.re.kr 
********************************************************