Subject: [IGSMAIL-5662]: Updated p1c1bias.hist
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:22:54 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      22 Nov 06:23:27 PST 2007      Message Number 5662
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

Dear IGS colleagues,

This is to inform you that an updated p1c1bias.hist file to be used
with the cc2noncc utility program is available at:

http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/bcwg/cc2noncc/
ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub/bcwg/cc2noncc/

This directory also contains the (unmodified) cc2noncc.f file.

The update concerning p1c1bias.hist includes the following changes:
- Re-sorted receiver name lists (in alphabetical order)
- Removal of unofficial receiver names (not included in rcvr_ant.tab)
- Added receiver names (all belonging to the C1/P2 receiver class):
  LEICA GRX1200
  LEICA GRX1200GGPRO
  LEICA GRX1200PRO
  LEICA SR9500
  NOV OEMV3 (just installed at the GLSV site)
  TRIMBLE NETR5
  TRIMBLE NETRS
  Remark: The GPS/GLONASS tracking receiver models "LEICA GRX1200GGPRO"
  and "TRIMBLE NETR5" provide C1/P2 for GPS, but C1/P1/P2 for GLONASS.
- Updated P1-C1 bias values based on monthly averages for October 2007:
  ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub/CODE/2007/P1C10710.DCB.Z
  ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub/CODE/2007/P1C10710.F.Z
  Note that since the last update the constellation has changed with:
  - PRN12/SVN58 launched on 11 Nov 2006
  - PRN15/SVN55 launched on 17 Oct 2007 (as replacement for PRN15/SVN15)
  - PRN31/SVN52 launched on 25 Sep 2006 (as replacement for PRN31/SVN31)
  - PRN32/SVN23 re-activated on 02 Dec 2006 (originally assigned to PRN23)
  Besides the resulting bias changes for PRN12 (+1.39 ns), PRN15 (+3.12 ns),
  PRN31 (+1.70 ns), PRN32 (-0.44 ns), PRN03 and PRN23 are the only others
  having bias changes greater than 0.5 ns (with -0.53 ns and +0.52 ns).
  Remark: It is a pity that PRN32 is considered only by a minority of
  IGS analysis centers (COD, NGS, MIT) and therefore not really
  supported by the IGS.

The updated P1-C1 bias file is recommended for use by all IGS analysis
centers and users of IGS clock products, preferably starting with data
collected on 25 Nov 2007 (start of GPS week 1455).

Best regards,

Stefan