Subject: [IGSMAIL-5635]: AGU Session Geodesy/G08 Future GNSS ...
From: "Robert Weber" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:01:18 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      27 Aug 04:54:52 PDT 2007      Message Number 5635
******************************************************************************

Author: Robert Weber, Larry Hothem

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to Session G08 at fall AGU
entitled

"Future of Global Navigation Satellite Systems and their impact on geodetic
and geophysical applications".

See the session description below. Please note, that the deadline for
abstract submission is September 6, 2007.

We would also like to ask you to send this information to those that you
consider may be interested in this topic. Information is available at
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm07/.

Thank you and our apologies for multiple posts.

Robert , Larry

Session Description:
The availability of modernized GPS, the upcoming Galileo and a revitalized
Glonass will offer many exciting opportunities and challenges in the field
of geosciences in the next decade.

The session will address these opportunities starting from the GNSS systems
status and performance point of view up to the level of future applications,
for example atmosphere monitoring, altimetry from reflected signals, or GNSS
time transfer. We invite presentations dealing with the use of new GNSS
signals but also solutions which allow in the future for a close to
real-time delivery of geoscience results due to new GNSS data processing
techniques.

Scientific contributions that cover the broad area of innovative geodetic
GNSS-positioning techniques such as high precision Real-Time Kinematic
(RTK), Precise Point Positioning (PPP) or multi-carrier Ambiguity Resolution
(TCAR, MCAR) are also very welcome.

In addition, we encourage presentations on the contributions of
international services (including but not limited to IGS), organizations and
programmes to support geosciences with GNSS data and derived products.

Conveners:

Robert Weber
Institute of Geodesy&Geophysics
University of Technology
Vienna, AUSTRIA
Gusshausstrasse 27-29
A-1040 Vienna
Voice: +43 1 58801 12865
FAX: +43 1 58801 12896
Email: [email-masked]

Larry D. Hothem,
US Geological Survey
521 National Center,
Reston, VA 20192 USA
Phone: 703-648-4663 (W)
[email-masked] (or)
[email-masked]