Subject: [IGSMAIL-5577]: New IDS Data Center structure and procedures at IGN
From: Bruno Garayt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:00:01 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      13 Mar 08:39:24 PDT 2007      Message Number 5577
******************************************************************************

Author: Bruno Garayt

Dear colleagues,

   The IGN team is happy to announce that the IDS Data Center at IGN has 
been renewed and is now operated in support of the IDS activities. It is 
an independant dat center from the CDDIS archive one even if some 
mirrorings are made with it to complete the information.

  This activity is handled by the geodetic and levelling department 
(SGN) which is the operational geodesy service of the French national 
mapping agency (IGN). Development and maintenance of the DORIS Data 
Center at IGN is a collaborative effort of the following persons :

    - Eric FOURESTIER ([email-masked]) : computer system 
administrator
    - Bruno GARAYT ([email-masked]) : person in charge of the IGS 
and IDS data centers related activities

The new addresses to be used from now on through ftp is :
 
    - doris.ensg.ign.fr to get data and/or products (login : anonymous).
The IDS Data Centrer at IGN provides ftp access to:

    * DORIS metadata at ftp://doris.ensg.ign.fr/pub/doris/general
      <ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/doris/products>
    * DORIS data for all IDS satellites or for some specific campaign at
      ftp://doris.ensg.ign.fr/pub/doris/data
      <ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/doris/products>
    * DORIS products at ftp://doris.ensg.ign.fr/pub/doris/products
      <ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/doris/products>

<>  The ftp archive of DORIS data, products, and general information 
follows the file naming conventions established and maintained by the 
Analysis coordination (IDS data structure and formats 
<http://ids.cls.fr/html/analysis_coord/documents/struct_dc.html>). Many 
DORIS data and product files archived at the IGN are stored in UNIX 
compress format and end in a .Z.

    - dorisdepot.ensg.ign.fr for direct deliver of DORIS data and/or 
products to IGN.
Special login and pass are necessary to identify. Please contact the IGN 
team at [email-masked] if you are not registered and authorised to 
login.
After login you are in the correct directory to deposit the files. There 
is no "cd" (change directory) needed, but note that we move the uploaded 
files to the public server after your file transfer is complete.
<>    So as to have a more reliable data flow and a better data and 
products availability, two different systems and tools have been 
developped on two different hardwares for the public server 
(doris.ensg.ign.fr) and the upload one (dorisdepot.ensg.ign.fr). The 
hardware and most of the software used for the administration of the 
service and the data flow are shared with the IGS Global Data Center 
related activites.

  The IDS web site relative pages will be updated within the next days 
or weeks.

Please let us know if you have further questions or problems.

With kind regards,
Bruno Garayt