Subject: [IGSMAIL-5532]: NOUM (92701M003) planned decommission at the end of febrary 2007
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:12:39 +1100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      11 Jan 16:13:03 PST 2007      Message Number 5532
******************************************************************************

Author : Laurent Dubois ([email-masked])

SITE ID  : NOUM
DOMES No : 92701M003
LOCATION : NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA (French overseas territories).
AGENCY   : Department of Land (DITTT).

Advisory:
------------

Dears IGS users,

We regret to inform the IGS community that NOUM (92701M003) is planned 
to be decommissioned at the end of febrary 2007, the monument will be 
destroyed.

NOUM is an IGS reference frame since febrary 1998.

In prevision of this decommission of NOUM, the Department of Land (DITTT)
have installed a new GPS permanent station (NRMD, 92701M005) at 9 km of 
NOUM. 
This new station NRMD is in colocation with the DORIS station NOWB 
(92701S003)
at approximatively 12 m.

NRMD have been proposed to IGS community to replace NOUM in the futur : 
http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/network/proposed.html.

More informations about NRMD can be find at : 
http://www.dittt.gouv.nc/static/bgn/banian/stations/NRMD.htm

The daily NRMD data are transfered to the IGN data center : 
ftp://igs.ensg.ign.fr/pub/igs/data/

We apologize for the inconveniences this decommission will cause.

Best regards.

-------------------------------------------------
Laurent Dubois
DITTT/ST/GN
Tel : 28-03-22
Email : [email-masked]