Subject: [IGSMAIL-5508]: ITRF session at EGU07
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:07:03 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      20 Dec 07:09:46 PST 2006      Message Number 5508
******************************************************************************

Author: Zuheir Altamimi & Jim Ray

   EGU 4th General Assembly -- Vienna, Austria, 15-20 April 2007
             http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2007/

Dear Colleagues,

The 4th General Assembly of the European Geosciences Union will be held in
Vienna, Austria, 15-20 April 2007.  We draw your attention in particular to
session "G1 - The impact of technique errors on reference frame accuracy
and stability":

  The advance of the International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF) has
  reached such a level of maturity that further improvements will require
  new insights into the systematic errors affecting all of the contributing
  observational techniques and the local ties that relate them.  Random
  thermal measurement noise is generally not a significant error source any
  longer, but continued improvement in the sensitivity of the observing
  systems is nonetheless desirable as a means to better expose non-random
  effects.

  This session seeks contributions to identify the important systematic
  errors currently affecting ITRF realizations and to clarify the extent
  that those effects contaminate geodetic and geophysical results.
  Experiences with the ITRF2005 realization, such as possible explanations
  for the apparent difference in VLBI and SLR scales, are particularly
  relevant.  Proposals for future improvements, new approaches, or novel
  measurement types are especially sought.

Important Dates:

15 January 2007:   Deadline for receipt of abstracts at
     http://www.cosis.net/members/meetings/programme/overview_db.php?m_id=40
31 March 2007:     Deadline for pre-registration & hotel booking

Please consider submitting a paper for this symposium or contact us
directly if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Jim Ray, [email-masked] Geosciences Research Division, National
Geodetic Survey

Zuheir Altamimi, [email-masked] ENSG/LAREG, Institut Geographique
National