Subject: [IGSMAIL-5498]: SINEX format description version 2.02
From: Daniela Thaller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:45:36 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      04 Dec 01:44:31 PST 2006      Message Number 5498
******************************************************************************

Author: Daniela Thaller

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce the updated format description SINEX version 
2.02, which is accessible via the IERS Central Bureau:
http://www.iers.org/documents/ac/sinex/sinex_v202.pdf

Compared to the proposal from September 25, 2006 (see IERS Message No. 
96) only two corrections were done:

1) The version number was changed from 2.10 to 2.02 in order to avoid 
any conflict with SINEX files generated by the software package CalcSolve.

2) Angie Moore pointed out that the specification for the geographical 
longitude of the stations given in the SITE/ID block with [-180degree 
+180degree[ does not fit to the data field I3, because I4 would be 
needed. The change from [0degree +360degree[ to [-180degree +180degree[ 
was done in version 2.00, but up to now it was not used. Therefore, in 
order to simplify matters, to avoid any confusion and to keep the 
compatibility with older SINEX files, the I3 field is kept and the range 
for the longitude is again [0degree +360degree[.

With best regards,
Markus Rothacher, Daniela Thaller
IERS Analysis Coordination

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniela Thaller                         Phone :  ++49-331-288-1880
GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ)      Fax   :  ++49-331-288-1759
Dept. 1: Geodesy & Remote Sensing       E-mail:  [email-masked]
Telegrafenberg A17
D-14473 Potsdam / Germany