Subject: [IGSMAIL-5494]: updated Conventions model for ocean tidal loading (fwd)
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:33:26 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      27 Nov 05:36:23 PST 2006      Message Number 5494
******************************************************************************

Author: Gerard Petit and Brian Luzum (fwd by Jim Ray)

For those who do not receiver IERS Messages ...

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Subject: IERS Message No. 102: Updates to the IERS Conventions

************************************************************************
IERS Message No. 102                                   November 27, 2006
************************************************************************

Information on the updates to the IERS Conventions

The IERS Conventions Center provides the following information on the
updates to the IERS Conventions.

Chapter 7 "Displacement of reference points" of the IERS Conventions has
been updated on 25 November 2006, see
http://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/convupdt_c7.html .

The main update is the rewriting of the section 7.1.1 on "Local site
displacement due to ocean loading" (Main contributors M. Bos, G. Petit,
J. Ray, H.-G. Scherneck).

A conventional implementation of ocean tidal loading is recommended,
using the program hardisp.f provided by D. Agnew. The routine is
available at
ftp://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/chapter7/hardisp.f .

See the IERS Message No. 87, March 16, 2006, for more information on the
Conventions web site.

Gerard Petit and Brian Luzum
IERS Conventions Center

************************************************************************
IERS Messages are edited and distributed by the IERS Central Bureau.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please write to <[email-masked]>.
Archives: http://www.iers.org/iers/publications/messages/
************************************************************************

----- End of forwarded message from [email-masked] -----