Subject: [IGSMAIL-5433]: further changes to clock RINEX format
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:55:49 -0400 (EDT)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      05 Oct 05:56:27 PDT 2006      Message Number 5433
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

Subsequent to IGS Mail 5401, further changes have been proposed for the
RINEX 3.00 format.  The clock RINEX format has been updated accordingly.
A summary of proposed changes is:

  a. "RINEX VERSION / TYPE" header changed to 3.00 and to add satellite
     system designator.
  b. "PGM / RUN BY / DATE" header date format elaborated.
  c. "SYS / # / OBS TYPES" header added.
  d. Added Galileo and Space-Based Augmentation System (SBAS) satellite
     designators in Section 5.
  e. "TIME SYSTEM ID" header added.
  f. The satellite antenna phase center offset information has been moved
     from a mandatory comment to the "SAT ANT PCO / PCV" header and now
     includes the associated phase center variation information also.
     It is expected that an external file will be referenced.
  g. "SYS / DCBS APPLIED" header added.
  h. Capability of handling inter-system timing biases and new intra-lab
     biases (possibly as new types of CR data record) are under
     consideration but not yet adopted.

To view the pending revised version, please see:
  ftp://www.ngs.noaa.gov/dist/Jimr/rinex_clock.05oct06

Send any comments to me and Werner Gurtner ([email-masked])
so that finalization can be completed within the next few weeks.

Thanks,
--Jim