Subject: [IGSMAIL-5420]: updates to IERS Conventions chapter 7 (fwd)
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:04:53 -0400 (EDT)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      20 Sep 13:07:26 PDT 2006      Message Number 5420
******************************************************************************

Author: Gerard Petit and Brian Luzum (forwarded by Jim Ray)

For those who do not get IERS Messages, please note the following:

************************************************************************
IERS Message No. 94                                    September 5, 2006
************************************************************************

Information on the updates to the IERS Conventions

The IERS Conventions Center provides the following information on the
updates to the IERS Conventions.

Chapter 7 "Displacement of reference points" of the IERS Conventions has
been updated on 1 September 2006, see
http://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/convupdt_c7.html .

The main update is the introduction of the section 7.1.5 "Ocean Pole
Tide Loading" which completes the introduction of the ocean pole tide
model after the inclusion of the geopotential part in Chapter 6. The
files needed to implement the new model "Ocean Pole Tide Loading" are
made available in ftp://tai.bipm.org/iers/convupdt/chapter7/ .

An accompanying change is the specification of the IERS conventional
mean pole as a linear model in section 7.1.4 equ 23. In the previous
wording, this linear model was proposed along with another choice
leaving the user to choose between the two.

Other modifications are at and around equ 24, to correct for a typo and
to account for the anelastic contributions to the pole tide.

Finally the subroutine dehanttideinel.f has been updated for leap
seconds and commented.

See the IERS Message No. 87, March 16, 2006, for more information on the
Conventions web site.

Gerard Petit and Brian Luzum
IERS Conventions Center

************************************************************************
IERS Messages are edited and distributed by the IERS Central Bureau.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please write to <[email-masked]>.
Archives: http://www.iers.org/iers/publications/messages/
************************************************************************