Subject: [IGSMAIL-5392]: GOLD site status (up), GOL2 changes
From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:49:51 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      11 Aug 09:49:53 PDT 2006      Message Number 5392
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers

Dear Colleagues,

The site at Goldstone, Californa (GOLD), an Ashtech Z-12, has been
returned to service following a computer failure and a bit of
bureaucracy. Due to the nature of the problem, there is no data to
restore from the outage period.

It is anticipated that the second receiver at the site (GOL2) will also
be returned to service shortly; however, please note that the TurboRogue
has been replaced by an Ashtech uZ-CGRS. A replacement sitelog will be
submitted with details as the restoration and checkout progresses.

Apologies for the duration of the interruption.

Best regards,

-dave