Subject: [IGSMAIL-5333]: New R24 (713) GLONASS-M satellite active
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:48:42 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      06 Apr 07:48:48 PDT 2006      Message Number 5333
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

NOTIFICATION:

We got confronted with first IGS/IGLOS tracking data of the new R24
(713) GLONASS-M satellite on April 5, 2006 (day 095):

http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2006/odata_glonass_d095.txt
http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2006/odata_glonass_d096.txt

R24 frequency channel is 2. R24 is the third satellite of the most
recent triple launch and the fourth GLONASS-M satellite in space,
respectively. See also:

http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/mail/igsmail/2006/msg00043.html

Together with the new R24, the old R23 (793) GLONASS satellite did
appear with reassigned slot number R20. R20 frequency channel is 11 (the
same as it was with the previous slot number R23).

The new R24 and the reassigned R20 are already included in the GNSS POD
process at CODE. Starting with our today's ultra-rapid submissions, the
CODE GNSS orbit products include 44 satellites (29 GPS plus 15 GLONASS).

Currently, 15 of 16 GLONASS satellites considered available are active:
   R01 (796)
   R02 (794)
   R03 (789)
   R04 (795)
   R05 (711)
   R06 (701)
   R07 (712)
   R08 (797)
   R17 (787)
   R19 (798)
   R20 (793)
   R21 (792)
   R22 (791)
   R23 (714)
   R24 (713)
Inactive:
   R18 (783)

R18 may be expected to become decommissioned from active service.

The CODE AC Team