Subject: [IGSMAIL-5320]: New R23 (714) GLONASS-M satellite active
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:44:42 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      10 Mar 05:44:51 PST 2006      Message Number 5320
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

NOTIFICATION:

We got confronted with first IGS/IGLOS tracking data of the new R23
(714) GLONASS-M satellite on March 3, 2006 (day 062):

http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2006/odata_glonass_d062.txt
http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2006/odata_glonass_d063.txt
http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2006/odata_glonass_d064.txt

The new R23 is already included in the GNSS POD process at CODE:

http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/mail/igsreport/2006/msg00245.html

R23 frequency channel is 3. The fact that it is actually a GLONASS-M
model could be verified on the basis of satellite antenna offset results
(see also http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/mail/igsmail/2005/msg00073.html).

Until February 27, 2006 (day 058), R23 had to be associated with the 793
GLONASS satellite. This particular satellite may be expected to appear
with slot number R20 (probably within the next weeks).

Note that the GLONASS status page (dated March 10, 2006) does not yet
reflect the mentioned satellite constellation change:

http://www.glonass-center.ru/nagu.txt

Remark concerning the other satellites of the most recent triple launch:
R19 (798) GLONASS is active as of day 022, 2006; the new R24 (713)
GLONASS-M satellite is still inactive. The list of active GLONASS-M
satellites should eventually include 4 satellites, namely R06 (701), R07
(712), R23 (714), R24 (713).

Currently, 13 of 16 GLONASS satellites considered available are active:
   R01 (796)
   R02 (794)
   R03 (789)
   R04 (795)
   R05 (711)
   R06 (701)
   R07 (712)
   R08 (797)
   R17 (787)
   R18 (783)
   R19 (798)
   R21 (792)
   R22 (791)
Inactive:
   R20 (793)
   R23 (714)
   R24 (713)

The CODE AC Team