Subject: [IGSMAIL-0524] Perth TurboRogue status
From: C.Garcia
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 6:18:25 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Mar  4  6:18:25 PST 1994      Message Number 0524
******************************************************************************

Author: C.Garcia
Subject: Perth TurboRogue status

Subject: Perth TurboRogue status

The TurboRogue at Perth has been reconnected to the external Caesium
frequency reference after fixing some problems experienced by
the Caesium.

The following is a list of the major events in the last days:

25/02/94  New link implemented to retrieve data from the receiver.

25/02/94    8:00  A very high offset of the Caesium (several milisec.)
                  affected the performances of the TurboRogue. The
                  number of satellites locked was 4 in average.
                  Constant messages of signal too low for the
                  satellites in view but not tracked.

28/02/94          The receiver was depowered for external reasons
                  between 2:30 and 9:00. In the meantime the frequency
                  reference was changed to a Rubidium, but the
                  problem persisted.

01/03/94    9:00  The receiver was connected to the internal oscillator,
                  but its behavior was very irregular. It was impossible
                  to enable properly the digital potenciometer which
                  controls the clock steering. The receiver was working
                  with a very high clock drift (around 4 microsec/sec).

03/03/94    9:00  The Caesium was repaired and reconnected to the
                  receiver. Now the situation is nominal.

C.Garcia
ESA/ESOC(GMV)