Subject: [IGSMAIL-5234]: GLONASS anomaly
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:43:38 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      20 Oct 03:43:45 PDT 2005      Message Number 5234
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

NOTIFICATION:

We just observed that a number of AIV GNSS receivers changed GLONASS
satellite identifier from R21 to R19 at epoch 2005-10-19 22:57:30.

http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_glonass_d292.txt
http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_glonass_d293.txt

It isn't yet clear to us whether this is
- a receiver-specific problem,
- a GLONASS system anomaly, or
- an intended (but unannounced) GLONASS system change.

At CODE, we started to rename possible R19 observations to R21
observations.

The CODE AC Team