Subject: [IGSMAIL-5227]: 2nd Announcement of VI Hotine-Marussi Symposium of Theoretical and Computational Geodesy and Call for Contributions
From: Peiliang Xu <[email-masked]>(by way of Ruth E. Neilan)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:38:49 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      10 Oct 09:38:53 PDT 2005      Message Number 5227
******************************************************************************

Author: Peiliang Xu (via IGS CB)

Message distributed via IGSMail:

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 18:03:52 +0900
From: Peiliang Xu <[email-masked]>
Subject: 2nd Announcement of VI Hotine-Marussi Symposium of Theoretical and
  Computational Geodesy and Call for Contributions
To: "International Association of Geodesy, Central Bureau" <[email-masked]>,
  [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
X-JPL-spam-score: 0.00%
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email-masked]

Dear IAG Bureau, IAG EC, dear Colleagues and Friends:

Thanks to the members of the Scientific Committee, conveners and the LOC, we
are ready to accept contributions to be submitted to the VI Hotine-Marussi
Symposium to be held at Wuhan University, 29 May - 2 June 2006. Please
circulate the following information (included after this short message) to
those who may be interested. In particular, we would be very garteful, if
the conveners could re-send the information to those who are interested in
your sessions. Thank you.

Jozsef, please post this 2nd announcement and call for contributions on the
IAG official website, edit
and send it to Springer for printing in J Geod. Thank you very much.

Best regards, to you all.

Peiliang Xu

####################################################################
Call for Contributions: 2nd Announcement of  VI Hotine-Marussi Symposium of
Theoretical and Computational Geodesy: Challenge and Role of Modern Geodesy,
Wuhan University, 29 May - 2 June 2006.

The symposium will focus on the following five topics: Satellite gravity
missions: open theoretical problems and their future application;
Earth-environmental, disaster monitoring and prevention by Geodetic methods;
GNSS: Mathematical theory, engineering applications, reference system
definition and monitoring; Deterministic and Ramdon fields analysis with
application to BVP, approximation theory and inverse problems; and
Statistical estimation and  prediction theory, quality improvement and data
fusion.

The Symposium consists of the following 9 sessions:
Session 1: Time-Variable Gravity and Geodynamics
Conveners: Ben Chao, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA;
                   Detlef Wolf, GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam, Germany
Session 2: Theoretical Developments in Spaceborne Gravimetry
Conveners: Nico. Sneeuw, Stuttgart University, Germany
                   Cheinway Hwang, National Chiaotung University
Session 3: Integrated deformation measurement and geophysical
interpretations
Conveners: Jeffrey T. Freymueller, University of Alaska, USA
                   Kosuke Heki, Hokkaido University, Japan
Session 4: Earth environmental and natural hazards monitoring and mitigation
                 using modern geodetic methods
Conveners: C.K. Shum, The Ohio State University, USA
                  Youichi Fukuda, Kyoto University, Japan
Session 5: GNSS: Mathematical theory, algorithms and engineering
applications
Conveners: Peter Teunissen, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
                   Athanasios Dermanis, The Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki, Greece
Session 6: Reference system: Definition and Monitoring
Conveners: Hermann Drewes, Deutsches Geodaetisches Forschungsinstitut,
Germany
                   Zuheir Altamimi, Institut Geographique National, France
Session 7: Deterministic and Ramdon fields analysis with application to
                 BVP, approximation theory
Conveners: Bernhard Heck, Karlsruhe University, Germany
                   Petr Holota, Res. Inst. Geod., Topogr. & Cartogr., Czech
Republic
Session 8: Inverse problems in geodesy: theory, global optimization, and
applications
Conveners: Juergen, Kusche, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
                   Burkhard Schaffrin, The Ohio State University, USA
Session 9: Statistical estimation and  prediction theory, quality
improvement and data fusion
Conveners: Yongqi Chen, Hongkong Polytechnic University, PR China
                   Hansjvrg Kutterer, Hannover University, Germany

All scientists are welcome to attend the VI Hotine-Marussi International
Symposium of Theoretical and Computational Geodesy: Challenge and Role of
Modern Geodesy. To give (oral or poster) presentations at the Symposium,
authors must submit abstracts of their papers to relevant sessions through
the Local Organizing Committee. A complete abstract must include the
following information: title(s) of contribution(s),  name(s) of author(s),
affiliation(s) of author(s), the text of an abstract. When you submit an
abstract, you must also indicate which session to submit to in the subject
line of your email. The deadline of submitting an abstract is 1 March 2006.

All submissions should be sent to the following email address:
[email-masked]

More information can be found on the Symposium website

http://www.sgg.whu.edu.cn/icct_hm.html

or alternatively the website of the Intercommission Committee on Theory
(ICCT):

http://der.topo.auth.gr/icct/Wuhan.htm