Subject: [IGSMAIL-5221]: New PRN17/SVN53 active
From: Stefan Schaer <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:19:23 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      03 Oct 06:19:43 PDT 2005      Message Number 5221
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer

New PRN17/SVN53 is active as of day 273 (30 Sep 2005). Corresponding
observation data is available from "all-in-view" tracking receivers:

   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_gps_d273.txt
   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_gps_d274.txt

See also:

   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/odata_gps_day.txt
   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/odata_mixed_day.txt
   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/odata_gnss_day.txt

NOTE:
This PRN is already included in the analysis scheme at CODE. Starting
with our day 273 rapid and day 274 12UT ultra-rapid orbit submission,
the CODE GNSS orbit products include 44 satellites (30 GPS plus 14
GLONASS). Precise G17 clock estimates are available from CODE side as of
epoch 2005-09-30 18:29:00. It is worth mentioning that "all-in-view"
tracking GPS/GLONASS receivers are able to sample currently 5 additional
satellites (G17, G25, G31, R07, R22):

   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_mixed_d273.txt
   http://www.aiub.unibe.ch/download/igsdata/y2005/odata_mixed_d274.txt

REMARK 1:
G17 is marked unhealthy (as expected during the next four months).

REMARK 2:
No G17 broadcast eph data is available until now.

REMARK 3:
Specific receiver models indicated with "G17" do provide just a reduced
(single-frequency) set of observables with respect to this brand new
satellite. Note that PRN numbers get listed in the mentioned charts as
soon as they appear in RINEX observation records of a GPS/GNSS tracking
station.

The CODE AC Team