Subject: [IGSMAIL-5173]: 1st IIR-M Launch will slip & L2C tracking
From: "Ruth E. Neilan" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:43:53 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      05 Jul 09:59:49 PDT 2005      Message Number 5173
******************************************************************************

Author: IGS CB, Ruth Neilan

Dear colleagues -

Here is the word on the next GPS launch - thanks to Tom Nagle for 
keeping us informed. This is also a reminder that the IGS is eagerly 
preparing a global tracking demonstration of the new L2C signal, a 
new civil signal capability on this satellite. (See IGSMail  5157 - 
http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/mail/mailindex.html)

Kind regards and to those of you celebrating US Independence Day, 
have a great 4th of July!

Ruth

>The first IIR-M satellite launch set for 29 July will now slip. 
>This is not a result of any satellite problem but related to launch 
>vehicle problems and launch conflict.  The launch will now be 
>sometime late August or early September. 
>
>Thomas J. Nagle, SMC/GPC
>Program Manager, Civil Applications
>NAVSTAR, Global Positioning System
>GPS Joint Program Office
>2420 Vela Way, Suite 1866
>El Segundo, CA 90245-4659
>310.363.2974 voice
>310.363.2995 fax
>[email-masked]
-- 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  International GPS Service - Central Bureau
        Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    tel: 818-354-8330, fax: 818-393-6686
          mobile: 626-975-1136
        <[email-masked]>
         http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^