Subject: [IGSMAIL-0517] Perth GPS receiver
From: C.Garcia
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 8:33:38 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Mar  1  8:33:38 PST 1994      Message Number 0517
******************************************************************************

Author: C.Garcia
Subject: Perth GPS receiver

Subject: Perth GPS receiver

Starting on 25 Feb 94 a new link has been implemented to retrieve
data from the ESA TurboRogue at Perth by using a P.A.D. instead
of the public telephone line. The link is similar to the Kourou
one, which has been very reliable since its installation in Nov 1992.

The same day of the installation, 25 Feb 94, an error was detected
in the Caesium frequency reference of the station. This is affecting
the performances of the receiver. On 28 Feb 94 the receiver was
depowered between 2:30 and 9:00 UTC to carry out some work in an
equipment located in the same building. The frequency reference was
changed in the meantime to a Rubidium, but the problem persisted. On 1
March at 9:00 UTC the receiver was connected to the internal oscillator.
It will be reconnected to the external one as soon as the problem
is fixed.

We will let the IGS community know about any news concerning
this problem.

C.Garcia
ESA/ESOC (GMV)