Subject: [IGSMAIL-5150]: YAR1 decommissoned
From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:36:34 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 May 14:36:35 PDT 2005      Message Number 5150
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers

Dear Colleagues,

As there has been the site YAR2 operated from the same monument as YAR1
for nearly three years, and the GPS equipment that produced YAR1 data is
no longer on-site, it seems well past time to decommission the YAR1
site. Many thanks to several 'generations' of cooperative Australian
partners at the site, as well as those involved in loftier resource
management positions :-)

As was noted in 2002, it is suggested that YAR2 be used in place of YAR1
for applications using those data. I've been assured ITRF site/monument
references are by DOMES number, so continuity should not be lost.

Best regards,

-dave