Subject: [IGSMAIL-5104]: GLONASS-M dimensions and center-of-mass correction
From: "MVV" <[email-masked]>
To: "IGSMail" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Сергей Ревнивых <[email-masked]>, "Stefan Schaer" <[email-masked]>, "Ruth Neilan" <[email-masked]>, "John Dow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:09:29 +0300

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      18 Feb 12:27:31 PST 2005      Message Number 5104
******************************************************************************

Author: Vladimir Mitrikas

Dear colleagues,

please find hereafter the information issued by NPO PM (Krasnoyarsk) 
concerning modelling of GLONASS-M SV.

SV GLONASS-M permanently supports 3-axis orientation. The origin of the 
body-fixed RF concides with the SV center of mass. OX axis is pointed by 
SV radius vector from the Earth center. OY axis always lies in 
Sun-SV-Earth plane and pointed opposite to the Sun direction (backward 
GLONASS SV). OZ axis forms right-handed RF. Solar panels keep up the Sun 
direction.

L1 and L2 antenna phase centers coincide and have the following 
coordinates in the body-fixed RF.
X = -2183 
Y = +545
Z = 0

Total square of the solar panels is 30.85 sqm
The square of the SV body in XOZ plane is about 4.2 sqm.
SV mass after the separation of the launcher id 1415 kg.

Some schemes of SV are available in MCC and may be sent by request.

Regards.
Vladimir Mitrikas. MCC.
[email-masked]