Subject: [IGSMAIL-5072]: Re: Traces of Earthquake in Earth Rotation
From: Urs Hugentobler <[email-masked]>
To: igsmail <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:10:38 +0000

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      29 Dec 12:35:43 PST 2004      Message Number 5072
******************************************************************************

Author: Urs Hugentobler

Dear Colleagues,

following some discussions started by IGS Mail 5069 I like to stress 
that the observation reported in that mail concerns a displacement of 
the measured y-pole from the values published in Bulletin A, which is a 
prediction. Since predictions need not be correct my statement that the 
displacement *is* caused by the earthquake was not careful enough. But 
the earthquake *may* be the cause of (part of) the observation.

In any case we further analyze our results, and I am interested in the 
results from specialists in earthquakes and polar motion excitation that 
will certainly be presented at the upcoming meetings.

Best regards

Urs Hugentobler