Subject: [IGSMAIL-0503] Antenna height problems
From: Yehuda Bock
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 17:30:01 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Feb 22 17:30:01 PST 1994      Message Number 0503
******************************************************************************

Author: Yehuda Bock
Subject: Antenna height problems

Subject: Antenna heights for ALGO and DRAO

We're having trouble reconciling the antenna heights for DRAO
and ALGO.  Someone help us out.

For DRAO (IGS mail 499 claims that the physical height has not changed):

Old height: bottom of choke ring, Dorne Margolin B -- 0.118 m
New height: bottom of choke ring, Dorne Margolin T -- 0.035 m

This is impossible.  Either the original antenna was not a Dorne Margolin B, 
the IGS sketch for Dorne Margolin B is in error, or the old height was
incorrect by a decimal point (i.e. 0.0118 m).  I favor the last explanation
since it matches the pre-amp base height of 0.011m given in IGS sketch).
Our week 0735 analysis in which DRAO changed antenna on late day 41 favors
this explanation.

For ALGO:

Old height: base of choke ring, Dorne Margolin B -- 0.114 m
New height: bottom of preamp, Dorne Margolin B -- 0.000 m

Again, this is impossible and I claim that the original antenna height should
have been 0.0114 m for the same reason as above.

Is it just getting late in the day, or am I on to something?
If so, this is a significant error and may explain the DRAO height
problem.

Please give us feedback.