Subject: [IGSMAIL-0500] IfAG / Internet Problems
From: H. Habrich / W. Gurtner
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 8:00:22 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Feb 22  8:00:22 PST 1994      Message Number 0500
******************************************************************************

Author: H. Habrich / W. Gurtner
Subject: IfAG / Internet Problems

German Internet / Data transmission to/from IfAG
------------------------------------------------

The German Internet again badly suffers from some unknown disease as
most of you will have noticed. Most of the European stations / operational
centers are again sending the data through the alternate path to CODE.

May we ask all European stations / operational centers to discontinue
sending data to IfAG until further notice and to upload the data
to

     Internet:     UBECLU.UNIBE.CH   (130.92.4.11)
     Directory:    cd aiub$ftp
                   cd igs

IGN will pick up the European data from this directory again for further
distribution.

We are sorry for these inconveniences. IfAG will have to look into alternatives
if the German Research Network is unable to permanently improve its
performance.

Heinz Habrich, IfAG
Werner Gurtner, CODE