Subject: [IGSMAIL-4956]: CGSIC: GPS Satellite Launched 23 June 2004
From: "Casswell, Rebecca" <[email-masked]>(by way of Ruth E. Neilan)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:03:06 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      24 Jun 09:03:08 PDT 2004      Message Number 4956
******************************************************************************

Author: R. Casswell via R. Neilan

GPS IIR-12
GPS IIR-12 was launched from Cape Canaveral yesterday at 6:54 p.m. EDT.  The
launch was dedicated int the memory of the former President Ronald Reagan.
A banner on the side of hte rocket's umbilical tower said "Launch One For
'The Gipper' ".
GPS IIR-12 (SVN60, PRN23) will move into Plane F, slot 4 to replace SVN 32.
A Delta-V maneuver will be performed on 28 June to move SVN 32, allowing the
new satellite to fill the slot.
The satellite should be operational within a month.

Rebecca Casswell
Chief, GPS Branch
+1 703 313 5930

If you no longer wish to receive GPS and CGSIC announcements, please reply
to this e-mail with remove as the text.

_______________________________________________
CGSIC one-way mailing list
[email-masked]
Unsubscribe: http://cgls.uscg.mil/mailman/listinfo/cgsic