Subject: [IGSMAIL-0491] Re
From: Tom Clark
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 9:16:34 PST

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Feb 16  9:16:34 PST 1994      Message Number 0491
******************************************************************************

Author: Tom Clark
Subject: Re: No 489: New Trimble Antenna

Just for information, we (Bruce Schpler, Roger Allshouse and me) have
already done the full set of pattern measurements (amplitude, phase center
location, etc. vs. azimuth and elevation) on the new Trimble antenna
in our most recent session in the NASA/GSFC range. In that session we
also measured the new Micropulse choke ring antenna and a current Dorn-
Margolin TurboRogue antenna, along with a remeasurement of an "old"
Trimble antenna for comparison.

The "new" Trimble antenna can be used in two different modes: The
antenna "core" can be separated from the ground-plane so when you put
the description Werner provided, you should specify that the ground-
plane is physically attached! We did make range measurements on both
modes.

The data from these range measurements is not yet ready for us to
distribute. Unfortunately our antenna range produces only analog strip-
chart recordings and we have to endure the pain of scaling the charts
before the data is really useful!

FYI, we are in the final revision stages of a rather lengthy technical
paper describing our earlier antenna range results; the paper has been
referred and accepted for publication in the ION NAVIGATION journal.
I'll let you know when we have preprints available.

Regards, Tom Clark