Subject: [IGSMAIL-0489] New Trimble Antenna
From: P.H.Denys / W.Gurtner
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 0:39:58 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Feb 16  0:39:58 PST 1994      Message Number 0489
******************************************************************************

Author: P.H.Denys / W.Gurtner
Subject: New Trimble Antenna

Paul Denys (E-Mail [email-masked]) writes:

  Trimble Antenna
  ===============

  I have just seen a new geodetic antenna bought out by Trimble. The
  dimensions of it are slightly different and I have included them
  below. (These are the official Trimble dimensions)

        Trimble Geodetic L1/L2 Compact with removable ground plane

                         ----+----                          <--  0.0625 L1/L2
                      /      +      \                   
  ++----------------+-----------------+-----------------++  <--  0.0591 TGP
  ++---------------+-------------------+----------------++  <--  0.0556 BGP
                   |                   |
                    |                 |
                     |               |
                      +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP=BPA
  
   <--                     0.467                      -->               NOTCHES
  <--                      0.483                       -->              EDGE 

  The horizontal dimesions are the same as the 4000SST L1/L2 but the phase
  centre appears to be about 6mm lower. 

I have included this antenna into the antenna description file "antenna.gra"
and under the name of TR GEOD L1/L2 COMP into the table of receiver and
antenna names "rcvr_ant.tab" in the IGS CB Information System.

W. Gurtner