Subject: [IGSMAIL-4853]: IENG: New IGS station in Italy
From: IEN Time Frequency Lab <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ken Senior <[email-masked]>, Jim Ray <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:11:00 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      24 Feb 07:15:11 PST 2004      Message Number 4853
******************************************************************************

Author: Valerio Pettiti, Diego Orgiazzi

   Dear Colleagues,

   The Istituto Elettrotecnico Nazionale (IEN) "Galileo Ferraris" (Torino, 
Italy) is glad to announce a new IGS station designated IENG. This station, 
located in Torino (Italy) and operated by the Time, Frequency and 
Electromagnetic Metrology Department of IEN, has been also included in the 
EUREF Permanent Network (EPN) since February 1st, 2004 (please refer to 
Message Number 1907 of EUREF Mail).

   IENG is an Ashtech Z-XII3T "Metronome" receiver with a Dorne Margolin 
chokering antenna (without radome). The external reference signals (20 MHz 
and 1pps) for this receiver are both supplied by the UTC(IEN) realization 
of UTC; the UTC(IEN) national time scale is generated by a frequency 
steered commercial Cesium standard and is compared on regular basis versus 
both UTC and the other international time scales using both GPS CV (Common 
View) and TWSTFT (Two Way Satellite Time and Frequency Transfer) techniques.

   In addition, the IEN Time and Frequency laboratory is currently deep 
involved in the Galileo System Test Bed V1 (GSTB V1), the first 
experimental phase of the Galileo project supported by the European Space 
Agency. In this frame,  a second geodetic receiver (not currently an IGS 
site), a Javad (JNS) Legacy with timing option, is also operated by IEN as 
part of the Experimental Precise Timing Station (E-PTS) of the GSTB V1, 
implemented at IEN in collaboration with Alenia Spazio (Roma, Italy). The 
Javad receiver is fed by the Experimental Galileo System Time (E-GST) with 
the aim to support the GSTB V1 experimental activity planned for 2004/2005.

   The IENG station is providing both daily and hourly data which are 
available at the BKG IGS regional data centre (BKGI) and at the ASI EPN 
local data centre, as well as at all IGS Global Data Centers.

   The complete site log for IENG can be retrieved from the IGS Central 
Bureau (ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/log) as well as through the 
web page dedicated to the site 
(<http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/network/site/ieng.html>http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/network/site/ieng.html).

   Best regards,

   Valerio Pettiti

--------------------------------------------------------
Time, Frequency and Electromagnetic Metrology Department
Istituto Elettrotecnico Nazionale "G. Ferraris"
Strada delle Cacce 91 10135 Torino (Italy)
tel +39 011 3919 234
fax +39 011 3919 259
http://www.ien.it