Subject: [IGSMAIL-4781]: EGU Galileo session; abstract deadline January 11, next Sunday!
From: Pedro Elosegui <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pedro Elosegui <[email-masked]>, Felix Perosanz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:54:40 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      07 Jan 02:54:46 PST 2004      Message Number 4781
******************************************************************************

Author: Pedro Elosegui & Felix Perosanz

Abstract deadline: January 11, 2004, next Sunday
Session: G8 "Galileo: Status and Future"
EGU 1st General Assembly -- Nice, France, 25-30 April 2004
http://www.copernicus.org/EGU/ga/egu04/

Dear Colleagues,

We will like to remind you that next Sunday, January 11, 2004, is the
deadline for receipt of abstracts for the 1st General Assembly of the
European Geosciences Union (EGU), which will be held in Nice, France, 25-30
April 2004. 

In particular, if you have not submitted an abstract to session G8 "Galileo:
Status and Future" yet, and are planning on doing it, hurry up!

Information on session G8: "The aim of this symposium is to give the status
of development of the Galileo system and to illustrate its potentiality for
geosciences applications. We will focus on the Galileo signal
characteristics, performances, interoperability with GPS and Glonass, but
also on the use of pseudolites or Three-carrier Ambiguity Resolution (TCAR)
techniques. We invite contributions covering the wide area of innovative or
improved science potential applications such as - but not restricted to -
high precision Real-Time Kinematic (RTK), altimetry, troposphere and
ionosphere modeling, time transfer, formation flying systems. Discussions on
Galileo geodetic reference system and time definition as well as interaction
with IGS are encouraged."

Please contact us directly if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Pedro Elosegui, [email-masked]
Harvard-Smithsonian CfA and Institut Estudis Espacials Catalunya

Felix Perosanz, [email-masked]
CNES