Subject: [IGSMAIL-4709]: EGU meeting April 2004, Nice, France, Session G4
From: Alexander Braun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:48:17 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      17 Nov 09:55:18 PST 2003      Message Number 4709
******************************************************************************

Author: Alexander Braun (OSU) and Thorsten Becker (Scripps)

Dear IGS colleagues,

we would like to bring the session "G4 - Monitoring and Modelling 
Movements of the Earth's Crust and Mantle" at the 1st General Assembly 
of the European Geosciences Union in Nice, France, from April 25 - 30, 
2004 to your attention. http://www.copernicus.org/EGU/ga/egu04/

The aim of this symposium is to bring together geodetic studies of
lithospheric deformation with numerical and analog modelling work. The
emphasis will be on synthesis rather than technical advances in data
analysis.

We invite contributions using results from --but not restricted to-- 
GPS, InSAR, SLR, absolute gravimeter, and DORIS techniques, as well as
dedicated satellite missions like GRACE or ICESat. Such measurements
provide new opportunities to test models for the dynamic evolution of
surface geology and to understand the interplay between coupled Earth
systems such as earthquake cycles, plate tectonics, basin evolution, and
mantle dynamics.

We are also looking for contributions where geodetic observations of
deformation are put into context with constraints from other 
disciplines, for example glacial isostatic adjustment, 
geologically-mapped macroscopic strain and seismologic indicators of 
deformation such as seismic anisotropy.

Please circulate this email among your students and other colleagues who
might be interested in the subject matter. We are looking forward to an
exciting, interdisciplinary geodesy/tectonophysics session. Please note 
the following deadlines

31 December 2003:  Early Bird registration
01 January  2004:  Deadline for Support Applications
11 January  2004:  Deadline for Receipt of Abstracts
Programme Website: 
http://www.copernicus.org/EGU/ga/egu04/programme/overview.html

and do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have further questions.

Our apologies for any cross posting!

Sincerely,

Alexander Braun
(Byrd Polar Research Center, The Ohio State University)

Thorsten Becker
(IGPP, Scripps, University of California San Diego)

Alexander Braun
Byrd Polar Research Center
The Ohio State University
275-C Scott Hall, 1090 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
phone: ++1-614-247-6839                fax: ++1-614-292-4697
email: [email-masked]