Subject: [IGSMAIL-4539]: AGU G01 Session on Methods and Accuracy of Tropospheric Information by Space Geodetic Techniques
From: Pedro Elosegui <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pedro Elosegui <[email-masked]>, Yoaz Bar-Sever <[email-masked]>, Harald Schuh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:46:48 -0400

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      04 Aug 13:46:49 PDT 2003      Message Number 4539
******************************************************************************

Author: Pedro Elosegui, Yoaz Bar-Sever, Haral Schuh

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the following session,
sponsored jointly by Geodesy and Atmospheric Sciences, at the next Fall AGU
meeting in San Francisco:

G01: Advanced Tropospheric Sensing Methods and Accuracy of Tropospheric
Information Determined by Space Geodetic Techniques

We are soliciting abstracts describing advances in tropospheric sensing
methods (i.e., the neutral part of the atmosphere) with space geodetic
techniques such as GPS, VLBI, WVR, and InSAR. The potential for tropospheri=
c
sensing with these techniques has improved considerably over the last few
years as a result of technological advances and algorithmic developments.
Abstracts are also sought on the accuracy of tropospheric information based
on these techniques. We are now at an exciting threshold at which accurate
tropospheric estimates and retrievals from these techniques may
significantly improve our understanding of the physical and dynamic behavio=
r
of weather and climate at various scales. The markedly different spatial an=
d
temporal capabilities for sensing the troposphere of the different
space-geodetic methods also pose great challenges to tropospheric validatio=
n
studies. Theoretical studies that assess the requirements for the accuracy
of tropospheric information are also encouraged.

Conveners:=20
Pedro=A0Elosegui,=20
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, USA, [email-masked]

Yoaz=A0Bar-Sever,=20
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA, [email-masked]

Harald=A0Schuh,=20
Vienna University of Technology, AUT, [email-masked]

General meeting information:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm03/

Abstract submission deadlines:
28 August 2003 (postal or express mail)
4 September 2003, 1400 UT (electronic on line submissions)

___________________________________________________________________________
Pedro Elosegui =20
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
60 Garden Street, MS 42
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

Email: [email-masked]
Voice: 1-617-496-7645
Fax:   1-617-495-7345
WWW: http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/space_geodesy/
_________________________________________________________________________