Subject: [IGSMAIL-4305]: Earth System Modeling Framework (fwd)
From: Jim Ray "(NGS" 301-713-2850 "x112)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:10:23 -0500 (EST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      18 Mar 05:10:57 PST 2003      Message Number 4305
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray (forwarder)

This message is not directly related to GPS or the IGS, but it may be of
interest to many in the IGS & IERS communities.   --Jim

----- Forwarded message from NASA Peer Review Services -----

From: NASA Peer Review Services <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:49:31 -0500
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Second Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) Community Meeting

The Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) effort is collaboratively
developing tools for building climate and weather model components and
assembling them into applications. The vision of ESMF is to involve the
community at every stage of development, and thus successfully create an
open standard for building Earth system models.

At the Second ESMF Community Meeting, to be held at GFDL in Princeton, NJ,
on Thursday 15 May 2003, we will initiate a review of the ESMF application
programming interface and will introduce prototype code developed by
the ESMF team. We look forward to the Earth system modeling community's
enthusiastic participation in the definition of this standard. Active
and broad participation in ESMF development will enable us to refine the
ESMF design to meet the needs of the widest range of users, from large
national and international modeling centers and consortia, to individual
scientists in small laboratory settings.

The meeting is open to all, and we encourage the widest distribution of
this invitation to attend.
For meeting logistics and information see:
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/esmf/index.html
For more information on ESMF, visit the project website at:
http://www.esmf.ucar.edu

----- End of forwarded message from NASA Peer Review Services -----