Subject: [IGSMAIL-4227]: Session G17 at EGS-AGU-EGU "Real-Time Geodesy"
From: Yehuda Bock <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Yehuda Bock <[email-masked]>, Georg Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:21:53 -0800

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      09 Jan 11:21:15 PST 2003      Message Number 4227
******************************************************************************

Author: Y. Bock

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to Session G17 at 
the EGS-AGU-EGU Joint Assembly in Nice, France, April 6-11, 2003:

G14 "Real Time Geodesy" (co-sponsored by GI)

The firm deadline for submission of abstracts is JANUARY 15, 2003 (24:00 GMT).

Information regarding the conference and the submission of abstracts
can be found at:

http://www.copernicus.org/egsagueug/index.html

Here is a description of our session:

This session solicit contributions to the emerging field of
high-precision real time geodesy. Real time GNSS (e.g., GPS) data and
data products are critical for a growing number of scientific and
civil applications. Examples of scientific applications are
earthquake hazards mitigation, volcanology, and meteorology. Examples
of civil applications include surveying, intelligent transportation,
aviation, dam and bridge deformation, and emergency response. Real
time geodesy depends on a dedicated infrastructure of
well-coordinated continuously monitoring GNSS stations that makes
high-rate data available in real-time for precise differential
positioning of static or dynamic objects. Typically the data are
provided in RTCM format although other formats are also being
developed. Data latencies are typically 1-2 seconds and take
advantage of modern communications technologies such as the wireless
Internet. We encourage contributions dealing with all aspects of
real time geodesy with a focus on actual projects, solutions, and
emerging technologies.

Best regards,

Yehuda Bock and Georg Weber

-- 
***********************************************
Yehuda Bock		e-mail: [email-masked]
Research Geodesist	Phone:  (858) 534-5292
& Senior Lecturer	Fax:    (858) 534-9873
			WWW:    http://sopac.ucsd.edu/; http://csrc.ucsd.edu/

Director, Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC)
Director, California Spatial Reference Center (CSRC)

Address:
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, Code 0225
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225

FedEx Address:
Cecil H. and Ida M. Green Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
8785 Biological Grade, Room 4208
La Jolla, CA 92037
***********************************************